Thursday, September 13, 2012

RIP Tom Sims

I will never forget, my very first time snowboarding was Telluride 1989.  The board I learned on was a Sims.  The tail had the V cut, bindings set wayyyyy back, and the board easily outweighed me.  I was only in 4th grade at the time so I was small and I distinctly remember the board felt like it was driving me the entire day.  It was a tough, challenging day, but a day I fell in love with a sport.  I knew it would always be a part of me. 
I am sure many of us had a Sims experience like I did and knowing that one of the Godfather's of the sport has passed away is sad, but what he did for the sport was truly inspirational.  He will be missed but the passion and Legend he created will always live on.
RIP Tom Sims.

-BBettes

No comments:

Post a Comment